Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hi, my name's Mariella!

I'm only 18 years old but I already have so many faith stories to tell that it's absolutely insane. I think it just proves to show that there's no such thing as age except for spiritual maturity. If you open your heart to listen for God, you're going to hear Him; and when you hear Him once, your heart will yearn for that sweet voice that is so alien but soothing to the heart.

I'm American, pro-life, a writer, and blogging addict. I have this goal of mine that is, above all, to make a difference in this world. It's not even really a matter of how I do it, as long as people know that Jesus was behind me every step of the way. I do have moments where I forget to pray. I do have periods of sometimes weeks at a time, where it seems like everything's about me. The Lord quickly corrects me and I remember that I can't do it on my own. I can't.

And I want to shout about all my blessings for the world to hear if they will. I want to shout about all He's done for me and will continue to do for me.

I hope this blog is going to be more than a blog. My desire is for it to touch your heart and help your understanding of Catholicism, Jesus, or yourself. What's right? What's wrong? Where is the right path and where do you stop learning? Do Catholics have fun? What goes on at the Mass, what are the Sacraments, and why do we make such a big deal about all of this?

Let me warn you first that I cannot do much more than explain it to my best understanding. I'm never going to understand my faith for all it is, so beautiful and deep that I'm always falling into it again, over and over, and she becomes new. Old and new at once. Beautiful and strange. More than our human hearts can grasp.

I'm going to make mistakes, and lots of them. But I'm still going to try. It's the least I can do after all the Lord has done for me. Thank you for reading this, and I'm glad you came!

Are you Catholic? If not, I would love to be friends! Introduce yourself! Also, do you have any questions that you've been itching to ask a Catholic forever? That's what I'm here for!

No comments:

Post a Comment